The Konduit Prebid Accelerate Module improves and optimizes header bidding for video publishers through industry-leading dynamic yield optimization, real-time troubleshooting tools, and advanced analytics.
Publishers utilizing Konduit’s Prebid Accelerate Module eliminate breakage between their ad server and their page and drive higher fill rates. Through advanced, real-time analytics at a creative and partner level, publishers are equipped with actionable insights to drive meaningful revenue improvement.
Table of Contents
- What to Expect with Konduit
Konduit’s module is easy to implement in a publishers’ current Prebid set up. There are two options for integration.
1. Download directly from Prebid.org
2. Build from source code, provided by Konduit
Konduit’s Prebid module is compatible with older versions of Prebid but is routinely kept up-to-date and compatible with current versions. Additionally, it is possible for a custom build to be created by Konduit on behalf of the Publisher.
Downloading the Konduit Module from Prebid.org
Step 1: Publisher selects Konduit.me Module “Konduit Accelerate Module” in their Prebid UI.
Step 2: Publisher downloads Konduit.me Module and follows prompted steps.
Step 3: Once the download process is complete, the publisher will receive an email to their inbox with the code to be implemented.
Step 4: In order to use the Konduit module, it is required to obtain a unique Konduit identifier. This will be provided by a Konduit Account manager as part of the configuration process and will be white-listed within Konduit’s system.
Build directly from the source code
Our source code is available for review here. Contact us for more information on how to implement the source code on your page.
The integration process for Konduit is simple and begins with the implementation of the Konduit Module on a publisher’s page. After the initial source code is added to a publisher’s page, there are a few additional configuration steps to ensure optimal setup for a publisher.
Step 1: Update Prebid.js build
Update prebid.js that is used on your site with the new Prebid build, which includes required Konduit modules. The Konduit module can be added as outlined in the above implementation section.
Step 2: Konduit Configuration
Konduit module is using a Konduit ID parameter and it is required for proper integration. In order to use the Konduit module, it is required to obtain this unique Konduit identifier. This will be provided by a Konduit Account manager as part of the configuration process and will be white-listed within Konduit’s system.
Konduit module respects the Prebid `enableSendAllBids` flag and supports both ‘Send All Bids’ and ‘Use only a winner bid’ scenarios.
Prebid has the `enableSendAllBids` flag enabled by default and it can be explicitly disabled in Prebid config if needed.
Please refer to the Prebid documentation as to the Send All Bids settings.
Step 3: Konduit Analytics Configuration
This is an optional step, but it is recommended to collect multiple Prebid specific details which can be later found in reports.
Step 4: Function to store bid responses
This is an important call for the Konduit platform to collect all important data and combine them later in a report.
It is recommended to make the call in the bidsBackHandler to make sure the client auction is ended.
This method does two things:
1. Caches bid details for further processing by Konduit platform
2. Returns updated bid object with kCpm value set
Note that kCPM is automatically set to a winner bid object and added to an ad server’s targeting so that it will be automatically added to a DFP request as a new custom param when pbjs.adServers.dfp.buildVideoUrl method is used.
Step 5: Function to build customer parameters for GAM call
GAM build video URL call does not require any updates. Konduit processBids function updates internal ad server targeting object that is then used by a pbjs.adServers.dfp.buildVideoUrl function to add custom parameters.
Step 6: GAM line items configuration
In order for Konduit’s module to be completely integrated, line item Creatives need to be adjusted in GAM. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Standard implementation requires only Creative VAST URL update with the following URL:
Please refer to the Prebid documentation as to the Google Ad Manager setup.
Konduit Custom Macros
|k_id||%%PATTERN:k_id%%||The macro passes Konduit client id provided in a publisher call back to Konduit platform.|
Should be used as is.
|k_cache_key||%%PATTERN:k_cache_key%%||The macro is passing a cache key so that Konduit platform is able to fetch current bid tag for processing.|
This macro is recommended to use in a ‘single bid’ mode.In ‘send all bids’ mode it always represents a winner bid.
|k_cache_key_BIDDERCODE||%%PATTERN:k_cache_key_rubicon%%||The macro is passing a cache key so that Konduit platform is able to fetch a bidder tag for processing.|
This macro should be used in a ‘send all bids’ mode.
What to Expect with Konduit
Week 1-2: Expected Launch Process
After setup and configuration is complete, the launch process begins. When a partner goes live, these are the goals they can expect for the first week to two weeks.
- The publisher gains access to the Konduit Dashboard where they can view performance insights and lift metrics. A full list of definitions will be provided to the publisher for full transparency and clarity on how we are defining each metric.
- The publisher is added to a joint slack channel to receive alerting and notifications and test notifications are sent out.
- The publisher and Konduit share client stats in order to align Konduit partner numbers with Publisher client stats. Konduit will be looking to line up a number of metrics. Please view the chart below for a list of core metrics and what Konduit expects these to represent for a publisher.
- Any custom configuration done during the setup process will be reviewed to confirm proper setup and implementation.
|Konduit Metric||What It Represents for a Publisher|
|DFP Awarded Bids||Total number of times that an ad was awarded by GAM as the winner bid in Prebid|
|Ad Starts||Total number of times an ad start event occurred on the publisher’s site as reported by a publisher’s third party partners|
|Gross Revenue||Total amount of money recorded as revenue in a publisher’s ad server (GAM)|
|Realized Revenue||Total amount of actual revenue realized as reported by a publisher’s third party partners|
Week 2-3: Learning
Once the goals for launch are accomplished and Konduit and the partner are seeing metric alignment, the learning period will begin. During this time, you can expect additional goals.
- Slack bot alerts will begin to be sent in the shared joint slack channel. The publisher will begin to gain insights into poor performing creatives and optimization opportunities. During this time, adjustments can also be made to customize the slack bot notifications to best fit each publisher’s individual needs and scale. It is recommended to have a joint meeting with the publisher and Konduit to discuss KPI thresholds.
- During this time, Konduit will look to continue to validate that the predicted revenue calculated through the kCPM lines up with the revenue from a publisher’s third party partner revenues.
Week 3-4: Optimization
The next step is working with the information from the Konduit Dashboard, Slackbot notifications, and additional insights shared by Konduit to improve a publisher’s revenue performance.
- Konduit will work with the publisher to identify potential lift opportunities.
- A publisher will begin blocking problematic creatives to improve overall marketplace performance.
- A final analysis will be done to validate kCPM metric, identify potential lift from kCPM, and to prepare a publisher to be confident in decisioning on this metric.
Week 5+: Decisioning
The final step of the full launch process is decisioning on kCPM.
- A publisher begins utilizing kCPM instead of the actual CPM of a creative. By doing so, a publisher takes advantage of Konduit’s real-time optimization engine. Poor performing creatives are weeded out in real time and the highest performing, highest value creatives serve for publishers.